Intensive English Course
Intensive English Course
Our combination course offers you the best of both worlds with General English lessons in the morning and IELTS lessons in the afternoon. This course is perfect for anyone who might want to take the IELTS test in the future but whose main goal is to improve their everyday use of the language today.
The programme is suitable for anyone looking to improve their English. It is especially aimed at those hoping to work or study in the UK or another English speaking country.
What to expect:
- improve your practical everyday English
- Taught by qualified teachers
- Assessments and Mock exams
- Morning and afternoon classes
- Self-study advice
- Free Wi-Fi and learning materials included
Intensive English Timetable:
|9:30 – 11:00||Class||Class||Class||Class||Class|
|11:00 – 11:30||Break||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|11:30 – 13:00||Class||Class||Class||Class||Class|
|13:00 – 13:30||Break||Break||Break||Break||–|
|13:30 – 15:00||Class||Class||Class||Class||–|
Some facts about this course
|Entry level:||Students of all levels|
|Duration:||Minimum 2 weeks – no maximum|
|No of lessons:||21 hours per week Monday – Friday|
|Class Size:||Maximum 14 students|
|Level:||Beginner to advanced|
|Start Dates:||All year round – start any Monday|
|Price:||Please click here to see our prices|
What are the aims of the Intensive English Course?
- Improve your all round English ability and confidence
- Develop your vocabulary and functional language skills
- Ensure student interaction and collaboration by using a communicative approach in classes
How will my progress on this course be assessed?
- Your progress is assessed weekly by your class teacher. You will also have an end of unit test every Friday and an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) when you can discuss your progress one-to-one with your teacher.When you are ready, you will progress to the next level that is appropriate for you. We usually expect you to spend 10-12 weeks on one level, but it depends on the individual.
What materials will I use?
- We use only the latest course books and audio from major ELT publishers and supplement these with DVDs, online resources, and authentic materials. Our experienced teachers also create their own materials for classes, depending on the students’ interests and needs. The materials cost is £30 per level studied.
Who should apply for this course?
- The programme is suitable for anyone looking to improve their English.
Please get in touch!